Live Here, Work Anywhere
Work from home isn’t such a unique concept anymore. With a remote job, you can work from anywhere, why not work from the place where you want to live and play?
The Roanoke Region of Virginia is that unique combination of a full-service metro with an active outdoor culture. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this will immediately feel like home.
The region is big enough to have everything you want and expect, but not so big that you get lost in it all. You can look out your window into the mountains (take in all that fresh air) then hop downtown for farm-to-table dining, stock up at farmers markets with regional produce and meat, pedal with your kids on the greenway, or visit a brewery.
Does Your Office Have a View Like This?
Step out of your home office and into the great outdoors. In the Roanoke Region, you are never far from your next adventure. One of the benefits of a remote job is little/no commute, you can spend those extra hours biking, hiking, paddling, running, or just hanging out by a campfire.
- 32 miles of paved urban trails
- 1.2 million acres of public land
- 70 square miles of lakes
- 1,300 miles of blueways on major rivers
Everything You Need (and Expect)
Why not work from where you want to live? (And if you need an office, we’ve got that too.)
- Mountain views outside your window
- High-speed internet access with regional broadband
- UPS and FedEx hub (so your packages move in and out quickly)
- Co-working spaces
- Access to top-notch healthcare with 50% more healthcare practitioners per capita than the national average
- Amazing weather with four distinct seasons and excellent air quality
- Safe communities with a violent crime rate well below the national average
- Live music, modern museums, dance, opera, and theater
- Running groups, weekly bike rides, and people who want to get to know you
Take Their Word for It
- Top 25 Small and Medium-Sized Towns People Want to Visit, Expedia
- 25 Cities that Millennials Can Afford and Actually Want to Live In, Penny Hoarder
- Bicycle Friendly Community, League of American Bicyclists
- Best Mountain Town, Blue Ridge Outdoors
- 20 Greenest Cities in the Nation, Expedia
- Top 100 Best Places to Live, Livability
- More All-America City awards than any other U.S. city, National Civic League
More Bang for Your Buck
The Roanoke Region has the lowest cost of living for any metro area in Virginia. We’ve got it all — entertainment, housing variety, shopping, and services — at a low cost. Every dollar will go much further in Roanoke whether it be for housing, groceries, utilities, transportation, health care, or miscellaneous expenses.
- Groceries: 13% below the national average
- Housing: 18% below the national average, based on new 2,400 square foot home (get the low-down on housing here)
- Lower taxes but high-quality public education and services