These terms and conditions apply between you, the user of this website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and the Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke, the owner and operator of this website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND ACCEPTABLE USE
- All Content included on the website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of the Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website, including any such content uploaded by users. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any content you may submit via the website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the website any content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the content you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify the Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke for all claims resulting from content you provide.
AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND DISCLAIMERS
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that the Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke makes available through the website (service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. The Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke is under no obligation to update information on the website.
- The Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke uses reasonable measures to ensure that the website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, but we give no warranty in that regard and all users take responsibility for their own security, their personal details, and their computers.
- The Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website.
- The Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the website. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- There is no liability on us for loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from your visit to (including agreeing not to seek to hold us responsible, or accountable, for any action or lack of action by yourself as a result of information or advice appearing on), this website, or through access from this website, whether a website that is linked from this website, or any website that masquerades as our website or from data and information appearing through data sharing technologies, or from your use of less than the optimal encryption security, anti-virus or anti-spam protection or other similar procedures, including measures to protect your personal identity, in your browser or e-mail program, or otherwise the manner and procedures you adopt when browsing around the web.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
ABOUT THE ROANOKE REGIONAL PARTNERSHIP/Get2KnowNoke
- The Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke is located at 111 Franklin Plaza, Suite 333, Roanoke VA 24011. You can contact us by email at email@example.com.
Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke (We/Us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the data controller is Roanoke Regional Partnership, 111 Franklin Plaza, Suite 333, Roanoke, VA 24011.
If you have any questions about data protection, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on get2knownoke.com (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Your IP address is your computer’s individual identification number and is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and it may also be used to help improve our web site.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from our website, but parts of our website will not work and may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about website users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to:
- To estimate audience size and the usage.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow the website to render according to your interests.
- To speed up searches.
- To recognize you when you return to the website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you about these by email.
We will ask for your authority if we wish to use your personal data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will not use your personal data in this way unless you have given authority.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. These links may take you to sites operated by other organizations over which we have no control and for which we are not responsible. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. No mention of any organization, company or individual to which our web site is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organizations, company or individual on the part of the Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The act gives you the right to access information held about you free of charge. Contact us (see below) if you wish to exercise that right.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Contact us in writing at:
Roanoke Regional Partnership/Get2KnowNoke
111 Franklin Plaza, Suite 333
Roanoke, VA 24011