Develop the solutions that propel your career.
Advanced manufacturing and industrial engineering offer some of the fastest growing careers in the Roanoke Region. Companies such as Eldor Corporation, Dynax America, Ardagh Group, Wholesome Harvest Baking, Altec, and TMEIC provide plenty of opportunities for career development and professional growth.
- >15,000 advanced manufacturing jobs in the region
- 270+ companies
- $65,000 average base pay
The demand for advanced manufacturing positions is growing. Opportunities to specialize in integrating technology with product development and processes are mounting. These include anything from engineering robots to managing supply chain integration to implementing lean production techniques. In the Roanoke Region, you may develop night vision goggles, industrial optical cable, automation control systems, transmission parts, packaging solutions, or food products.
Roanoke is a training ground for these careers. Students receive hands-on experience in the Advanced Technology in Mechatronics Program at Virginia Western Community College, the Advanced Manufacturing & Packaging Technology Program at Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, and at the Virginia Tech Center for High Performance Manufacturing.
Skills to Succeed
- Math and measurement
- Spatial reasoning and manufacturing technology
- Quality and business acumen
- Degree/training in mechatronics, mechanical engineering, industrial and systems engineering
Search These Job Titles
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
- Operator/Production Operator
- Manufacturing Technician/Production Technician
- Chemical Equipment Operator
- CNC Technician
- Welding Engineer
- Data Science Engineer
- Manufacturing Technician
- Production Manufacturing Specialist
- Sustainability Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Strategist