Want to get more out of Experience 2020?
This year you can add an optional professional development workshop or outdoor excursion before the conference. Both are offered as half-day add-ons, beginning at noon on Thursday, June 4.
Conference attendees can add either option to their ticket for $25.
Experience is June 4-5 in Roanoke, Va. This year’s focus is on ENDURANCE. Your career isn’t a sprint; it’s a marathon. In order to finish the race, you need tools to grow through personal and professional challenges. You’ll find that at Experience 2020.
Standup Paddleboarding at Explore Park
Stand up Paddleboard at Explore Park in Roanoke, VA, with all the equipment and transportation included. Lunch at noon and travel out to Explore Park and then travel back. (Rain option: Standup paddleboard yoga indoors at Gator Aquatic Center.)
- When: Thursday, June 4, noon-4 p.m. at Starr Hill
Moving from a Technical expert to Strategic Facilitator
Have you recently gone from being a great worker to managing people or projects? Did you get the training you needed? This session, led by Jeff Smith of Voltage Leadership Consulting, will help you evaluate your strengths and areas of growth and develop a plan to work on these skills.
- When: Thursday, June 4, noon-4 p.m. at Starr Hill (includes a networking happy hour and the first drink is included)
Other Experience 2020 speakers and sessions
- Passion Forward, Mirna Valerio
- How You Say It: Negotiations in Life and Work (from a former FBI hostage negotiator), Gary Noesner
- How to Up Your Game on Nutrition: Practical Performance Nutrition to Fuel Your Busy Life (practical lessons from a dietician and former college athlete)
- Grow Your Career with Your Current Company (you don’t have to move to advance)
- What Do You Meme Meeting Facilitation
- Women in Leadership “Fireside Chat”
- You Have the Degree, Now You Need (the Right) Experience: Help!
- Event Emcees: Oreo Brothers