Summer Internship Program
The Roanoke Regional Partnership is kicking off a new summer internship program in 2019. This leadership program is focused on preparing your emerging talent to enter the workforce. While students intern with your organization to learn industry knowledge, the Get2KnowNoke Summer Internship Program provides soft skill/professional development training, peer networking, and opportunities to explore the region as a young professional to increase your chances of retaining talent.
Register your summer interns for the program today! Events begin in early June. Register now
Benefits for Your Company
- Learn how to get the most from your internship programs
- Reach more intern candidates with our on-campus marketing
- Engage students with the Roanoke Region before summer begins
- Connect interns to a social and professional network
- Provide a glimpse of life in the Roanoke Region through activities such as outdoor adventure, sporting events, and social gatherings
- Deliver professional development and soft skill training
- Kick-off the summer at Experience 2019, a regional young professional conference, to introduce interns to YP mentors and leadership programming
Retain Interns (as full-time employees in the future)
- Increase student’s awareness of the region for talent attraction
- Connect students to a peer and mentor network
- Enhance the student’s summer experience
Who can participate in the program?
- College students currently enrolled in an associate, bachelor or master’s degree program, or a recent graduate of such programs
- Students in an internship, co-op, or apprenticeship with a business in the Roanoke Region
- Students at least 18 years old
- Students with summer housing in the area and transportation
Professional Development and Networking
- June 6 at Blue 5 White Room
- 1-4 p.m. (training)
- 4:30-6:30 p.m. (networking)
Experience 2019 Young Professional Leadership Conference
- June 7 at Taubman Museum
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Mid-June at Daleville Town Center
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Kayak/Standup Paddleboard Trip
- June 21 at Explore Park
- 1-5 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Learn about Brewing in Roanoke + Game Night
- Mid-July at Three Notch’d
- 4 p.m.
Salem Red Sox Game/End of Summer Social
- July 25 at Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium
- 7 p.m.
Register your interns for the Get2KnowNoke Summer Internship Program. The first 40 students who qualify and are registered by their companies will be able to participate. Once accepted, an email with program details will be sent to the company contact and student. The cost of the program is $125 per student for Roanoke Regional Partnership investors and $175 per student for non-investors. This fee includes internship promotions, Experience 2019 conference tickets, professional development instruction and materials, and recreational activities at summer-long events. Send questions to Erin Burcham.