Summer Leadership Program
While students intern with your organization to learn industry knowledge, this program provides soft skill training and opportunities to make the Roanoke Region sticky so they’ll want to come back after graduation.
Register your summer interns for the program today! Events begin in May. Register now
Benefits for Your Company
- Connect interns to social and professional network
- Provide a glimpse of life in the Roanoke Region through outdoor adventure, sporting events, and social gatherings
- Deliver professional development and soft skill training
- Kick-off the summer at Experience 2020, a regional young professional conference
Retain Interns (as full-time employees in the future)
- Increase awareness of the region for talent attraction
- Connect students to a peer and mentor network
- Enhance the student’s summer experience
Who can participate?
- College students or recent graduates in an internship, co-op, or apprenticeship with a business in the Roanoke Region
- Students at least 18 years old
- Students with summer housing and transportation
The first 60 students who qualify and are registered will be able to participate. The program is $150 per student for Roanoke Regional Partnership investors ($200 per student for non-investors). Fee includes Experience 2020 conference tickets, professional development instruction and materials, and recreational activities at summer-long events. Send questions to Erin Burcham.
Welcome Kickoff and Lunch
- May 28 at The Green Goat
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Regional Leaders Networking
- June 4 at Center in the Square
- 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Experience 2020 Conference
- June 5 at Hotel Roanoke
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Salem Red Sox Baseball
- June 11 at Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium
- 6:30 p.m.
Professional Communication and Problem-Solving
- June 17 at Starr Hill
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
AMA + Game Night
- June 24, Center in the Square
- 5-7 p.m.
Tube or Kayak the James River
- July 10 at Twin Creek Outfitters
- 1-4:30 p.m.
Learning Lab for Leaders
- July 16 at Taubman Museum
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Personality Decoding for Team Success
- July 22, Vinton War Memorial
- 3-5 p.m.
- July 31 at Explore Park
- 1-3 p.m.
End of Summer Celebration
- Aug. 4 at Billy’s
- 4-6 p.m.