Kayak the Jackson River
- When: Saturday, Aug. 17
- Where: Meet at Alleghany Outdoors (directions) at 1:30 p.m.
- OR Carpool from Downtown Roanoke, Elmwood Parking Lot (directions) at noon
- Price: $25, includes group shuttle from Alleghany Outdoors to/from river, kayak rental + life jacket, instruction, guide from Alleghany Chamber of Commerce & Tourism, light snacks
Join us for an outdoor kayak adventure on the Jackson River. Whether you’re a beginner or are just looking for the opportunity to get back out on the river, this event is for you!
We’ll get you out paddling down the river for about 2 hours (Petticoat Junction 4 mile trip) and after returning to Allegany Outdoors, we’ll head out for a bite and a beer at Jack Mason’s Tavern located in Clifton Forge (after-event food and drinks on you).
Grab a friend and sign up today!
Things you might want to bring/wear
- Secure shoes that can get wet
- Extra clothes if you want to change before Jack Mason’s Tavern
Thanks for your interest in this event. It has sold out.