Camping at Jamison Mill
- When: May 1-2
- Where: Jamison Mill Park Campground (directions)
- Price: Free, but you will have some individual costs and registration is required
- Included: Campsite, dinner and limited supply of bike rentals. Individuals will need to supply their own snacks and money for lunch ($7.65) on Saturday, May 2, if participating in the bike ride.
- May 1 Dinner: Provided (rice/beans/toppings) & camping at Jamison Mill (Meet there around 6:30 p.m.)
- Transportation: There’s plenty of parking at the campground but it is a solid hour drive from Roanoke so carpooling is encouraged.
- You can find Jamison Mill Campground info here.
- May 2 “Breakfast Snacks” provided.
- Optional bike ride (bring yours or rent one on-site). The route is around 16 miles which should be appropriate for anyone of average fitness level and combines gravel, pavement, and a very small segment of non-state maintained road. Here’s the route.
Inclement weather: If the chance of Isolated thunderstorms is 65% or greater the outing will be canceled; we will not cancel for passing rain showers. There will be no rain make up.
Participants need to bring
- We will have some water and sports drinks.
- Their own camping supplies, (tent, sleeping bag, chairs)
- Snacks and food if there are any strict dietary restrictions
- A bike (gravel or cross country mountain bike is ideal); we will have a limited supply of Mountain bikes available at Jamison Mill.
- Blinking bike light for the bike ride if they have one
- $7.65 for buffet lunch at Ferrum College during the bike ride