Out of an abundance of caution and consideration for everyone’s personal circumstances, the Experience Leadership lunch scheduled for March 19 at The Green Goat has been postponed.
We will be in contact with everyone as soon as we have a new date and look forward to seeing you then.
Thank you for your understanding.
Confidence in Decision-Making
Sponsored by JMU MBA Program
- When: Thursday, March 19, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: The Green Goat (directions)
- Price: $10 (includes lunch)
Making decisions can be hard. The decisions we make define our life and sometimes have a major effect on the path we take. Do you often find yourself indecisive, spending countless hours weighing out possible options or even worse avoiding making the decision altogether? Dr. David Peterson (JMU) will share tips and strategies to help you confidently make decisions and problem solve, which will increase your productivity and career growth.
About the speaker
Peterson is an assistant professor in the Management Department at James Madison University. His primary research interests include creativity, innovation, and leadership. His current research focuses on three questions.
- How do creative ideas unfold over time?
- How do people use the information around them to develop creative solutions
- How do teams develop creative ideas and how do leaders facilitate (or inhibit) this process?
His secondary interests include training, development, and measurement/assessment.
Before joining James Madison University, he worked as an independent consultant for six years where he worked with organizations to develop and implement targeted development programs. His professional experience includes developing training programs for improving leadership, creative problem solving, and responsible professional conduct.
- April: How to Be a Regional Ambassador
- May: Improve Your Process
- August: Inspiring Strategic Change
- November: Professional Speaking