The Roanoke Regional Partnership is looking for someone to enhance and grow their program focused on talent outreach strategies, partnerships, communications, and marketing to attract talent for our region and its employers. The Partnership has already changed the region’s narrative to that of an active, outdoor mecca through the work of the Roanoke Outside Foundation. This is an opportunity to leverage that narrative to attract and retain top talent in the Roanoke region.
This position calls for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who can create connections with academic institutions, employers, local governments, students, and other stakeholders, and market the region as a destination for top talent. The ideal candidate relishes the challenge of building a program from the ground up, is a creative yet strategic thinker, and a self-motivator who will not shy away from constructing plans and setting goals.
REPORTS TO: Senior director of creative strategies
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: This is a full-time position with benefits and requires experience in marketing, talent recruitment and retainment programs, workforce development, project management, economic development, communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
DUTIES: Develop and execute a cohesive talent attraction, talent retention, and talent development strategy to strengthen the regional economy.
- Work with the director of marketing to produce digital marketing content (blogs, social posts, newsletters) focused on career opportunities, livability advantages, etc. in the Roanoke Region of Virginia.
- Identify and utilize marketing channels that reach audiences such as boomerang talent, college students, remote workers, and others.
- Maintain and create content for Get2KnowNoke social media and website.
- Develop, manage, and leverage a network of talent ambassadors that tell the region’s success story.
- Organize annual Experience conference and summer internship program for regional businesses.
- Develop and maintain connections with academic departments in the larger region’s 25 colleges and universities that have programs in demand among regional employers.
- Work to link employers with relevant talent resources at higher education institutions and partner workforce programs.
- Develop, maintain, and implement an “employer toolkit” to serve as a talent recruitment tool for regional stakeholders.
- Manage the Roanoke Regional Professional Network (RRPN) which includes quarterly gatherings.
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders on GO Virginia grant projects and other initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the Roanoke Regional Partnership business investment team working in conjunction with business attraction staff.
- Interface with Partnership investors and highlight career opportunities to benefit investor companies.
- Assist with connecting prospective companies with talent and workforce services to ensure competitiveness when attracting new business.
- Maintain working relationships with talent and workforce divisions of local, regional, and state partners including community colleges, colleges/universities, Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) Talent Accelerator, Greater Roanoke Workforce Development Board, and others.
- Maintain files on interactions with businesses in a customer relations management platform.
- Provide informational tools and resources towards the goals of talent attraction and retention to private employers, partners in local government and workforce development.
- Serve as a part of the regional business resource team involving partners in economic development at the local, state, and regional levels as well as partners in workforce development.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, such as academic institutions, employers, business associations, and work-force preparation entities, to find and implement opportunities for enhanced collaboration and information sharing.
- Determine benchmarks for assessing success of the talent attraction and retention plan and establish data collection processes to monitor progress towards clearly articulated, measurable goals.
- Proficiency with WordPress sites.
- Experienced and skilled in graphic design.
- Proficiency with social media content creation and best practices (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter).
- Understanding of best practices with regards to talent attraction.
- Self-motivator with ability to approach job responsibilities from an entrepreneurial perspective and operate with minimal supervision.
- Strong networking abilities with demonstrated ability to build connections and productive working relationships.
- Experience in leading/convening projects and developing/designing talent management strategies with stakeholders, business leaders, business organizations or associations.
- Current knowledge of workforce strategies including talent attraction and retention.
- Current knowledge of economic development and business retention and expansion practices.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate its impact on the local/regional economy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to summarize problems and to think creatively regarding potential solutions.
- Understanding of the mission and goals of the Roanoke Regional Partnership.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary DOE
- Flexible in-office work schedule with 10 hours eligible for remote work per week.
- Full individual health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, laptop, cell phone, and parking provided.
- Generous employer-contributed retirement account; fully vested on first full month of employment.
- Send cover letter, resume, and work samples (optional) to email@example.com
- Applications accepted through November 22, 2022; however, interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.